Entries tagged harmonic-flow-news
What's new in version 0.9.0:
Added new command-line tool hfbmfont. hfbmfont is a tool for generating bitmap fonts from TrueType fonts.
What's new in version 0.8.0:
Added new command-line tool hftexpack. hftexpack is a tool for packing textures into an ImageAtlas.
What's new in version 0.7.4:
Updated stb_image, stb_vorbis, tiny_obj_loader and glm to latest versions.
What's new in version 0.7.3:
Updated to glm version 0.9.9-a2 so that glm builds on newer compilers.
What's new in version 0.7.2:
Updated SDL2 to v2.0.8, tiny_obj_loader to v1.1.1 and more..
What's new in version 0.7.1:
Fixed crash bug in Preferences, misc CMake updates and tweaks, updated SDL2, glm, zlib, stb_vorbis and stb_image to latest version and more..
What's new in version 0.7.0:
Added support for CMake.
What's new in version 0.6.0:
Complete rewrite of rendering pipeline to be completely shader driven.
What's new in version 0.5.0:
- Documented all public classes, methods, enums, structs, typedefs etc that a Game will interact with. Documentation is done according to Doxygen standards. Documentation can be generated by running 'doxygen Doxyfile' in the 'docs/' folder. Documentation release packages can be generated by running './linux-gen-docs-release --version=X.X.X' in 'build_scripts' folder.
- Converted all source files from dos to unix utf8.
- Moved PakInterface stuff into HFCore namespace.
- Moved HFPak stuff into HFTools namespace.
- Moved base64 stuff into class with static methods.
- Moved Crypto stuff into class with static methods.
- Crypto: Added sha1/sha224/sha256/sha384/sha512 checksum support.
- Fixed memory leak in SDLHelper.
- HFDataTypes: HF_RENDERER_DIRECT3D is defined on Windows D3D.
- SoundPlayer: Added new enums, audio defines and also tweaked API.
- Moved HFFileHandle to HFDataTypes.h and changed name.
- Yearly copyright update.
- Updated README.SDL with doxygen packages needed.
- Added script for generating doxygen docs release. See 'linux-gen-docs-release.sh' in 'build_scripts' folder.
What's new in version 0.4.0:
- Added new Vector3 class with some basic functionality.
- Ability to set preferred projection matrix (Ortho or Perspective).
- Added new Camera class with some basic functionality.
- Added new convenient methods to draw primitives (Point, Lines, Ellipse, Circle and Triangle).
- Renamed TriStrip class to Geometry and added some more functionality to it.
- Added new method to draw Geometry called drawGeometry which can be rendered using rendertypes (POINTS, LINES, LINE_STRIP, TRIANGLES, TRIANGLE_FAN and TRIANGLE_STRIP) to keep it all flexible.
- Added support in 'config.xml' for Multisample. Check out 'demos/demo1-minimal/data/config.xml' for an example. The following new options are available: EnableMultiSample (0 = Disabled, 1 = Enabled) and MultiSampleSamples (2 = 2 samples, 4 = 4 samples).
- Added new methods in 'Image.h' (getPow2Width and getPow2Height).
- Renamed rotateDeg to rotateZDeg in 'Graphics.h'.
- Renamed rotateRad to rotateZRad in 'Graphics.h'.
- Started documenting some classes so that Doxygen can be used for generating docs later.
What's new in version 0.3.3:
- Made sure that Audio device is properly locked so that we don't get any crashes due to bad reads from other threads.
- Make sure sound/stream buffer starts from 0 during play/fadeIn.
- Reset decodedSamples when looping stream so that it doesn't crash :)
What's new in version 0.3.2:
- Moved HFUtils namespace into HFCore along with related folder structure updates.
- Improved Vector2 class.
- Removed SDL2_image and instead use the tight 'stb_image' API.
- Windows: Added new build scripts for OpenGL so now both DirectX and OpenGL can be built through minGW toolchain.
- Improved OpenGL renderer and moved common code into a GenericInterface all OpenGL platforms can use.
- Added a brand new custom audio engine mixer which supports WAV and OGG Vorbis. It uses SDL for output and ogg is decoded through the tight 'stb_vorbis' API.
- Updated autotools with some minor fixes here and there.
- Updated DXSDK to 201006 and include both 32 and 64bit.
- Due to the image loader and audio engine changes SDL2 is now the only dependency. Executable size is now about ~700kb - 1mb smaller.
What's new in version 0.3.1:
Exposed the following new options:
- CompressPreferencesFile (0 = Cleartext, 1 = zlib compress)
- WindowResizable (0 = Not resizable, 1 = Resizable)
- WindowBorderless (0 = Borders, 1 = No borders)
- LogicalScaleMode (0 = Disabled, 1 = Aspect ratio (adds letterbox/sidebar if needed), 2 = Overscan (zoom to fill screen but grows offscreen in w or h) and 3 = Stretch (stretch/shrink to fill screen)
- LogicalScreenWidth (Logical width to use in game code which scaling is based on)
- LogicalScreenHeight (Logical height to use in game code which scaling is based on)
What's new in version 0.3.0:
- Merged src/HFCore, src/HFUtils and src/tinyxml folders into new src/engine folder and added sub folders to keep things simple, intuitive and organized.
- Merged Util.h and HFUtil.h into new static classes util/MathUtil.h and util/StringUtil.h.
- Removed some unused classes not needed anymore.
- Misc cleanups/fixes.
- Projects should now include 'hffwk.h' which includes all engine related stuff.
What's new in version 0.2.1:
- Fixed so that music / sound now loop infinitely if loop = true.
What's new in version 0.2.0:
- Updated audio engine to use free software licensed SDL2_mixer.
- Fixed a few memory leaks found during Valgrind testing.
- Added support for reading audio and fullscreen modes config options.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
This new blog will focus on topics relating to new releases, free software, games, GNU/Linux, software development and other areas of interest. It will serve as a dump for current thoughts and research :)
Posted on Sun, 19 Oct 2014